View Single Post
Old May 21 2013, 05:31 AM   #3344
Maurice
Vice Admiral

Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

gornsky wrote: View Post
Maurice wrote: View Post
Just an observation on some of the comments I've read: I don't know where people keep coming up with this idea of superman Khan wanting to wipe out less perfect humans...the whole eliminate that which is imperfect is Nomad's bailiwick, after all. Khan just was super ambitious and thought his superiority meant his kind was meant to rule.
It's from the movie itself. Before NuSpock beams over Khan's crew, he asks Khan what he'll do with them. Khan says he'll continue his "work" and Spock says, that as he understands it, his work is the mass genocide of any beings he finds to be less than superior (which is, apparently, the information he got from Spock Prime).

OldSpock showing up was my big eye-roll moment of the movie. He didn't tell Spock anything that helped.
You'll remember that the audience's view on that exchange was cut off mid conversation.
That makes my point: I don't know where OLD SPOCK gets it, either, since that's not what happened. The writers basically made it up. I don't have a problem if this as indeed the case, but since they drag old Spock out from the old continuity they might as well at least have him not dissemble.
óGlen Larson, 2010
Maurice is online now   Reply With Quote