View Single Post
Old May 21 2013, 02:02 AM   #108
Worf'sParmach
Commander

Re: Klingons in STID--why do they look like [SPOILERS]?

Brent wrote: View Post
I posted this in another thread:

The Klingons should have subdued ridges during this time period, as per their dealings with Eugenics DNA manipulation, during TOS they didn't have ridges at all, but slowly gained them back. So, I would have preferred that the ridges be more subdued than they were here, but still, they aren't as ridgy as we see in TNG, so overall not overly disappointed. Just think they should have been even more a bit smoother.

Also, it makes perfect sense that they'd wear helmets, I think the Klingons were pretty embarrassed at first when they lost their ridges, wearing helmets to cover this disgrace makes sense, so I liked the fact they were wearing helmets.
Agreed.

Donald Draper wrote: View Post
My only complaint about the Klingons is we did not see enough of them.
This!

BritishSeaPower wrote:

Not quite on topic, but no other good thread for this. I enjoyed the little nod to Martok with the Ketha Province.
Me too! When they said it was unihabited I knew something was up because that's where Martok is from.

Admiral Buzzkill wrote: View Post
I liked this movie so much I really don't care whether they're consistent with much of the previous timeline or visual continuity at all. Let these guys do what they want as long as they stay entertaining.
Exactly.