View Single Post
Old May 20 2013, 02:54 PM   #46
thestrangequark
Vice Admiral

Re: Have cultural standards gotten lower?

teacake wrote: View Post
How old are you Triskelion?
I'm curious about that myself. Also, you've again ignored the points I raised, Triskellion -- are you not interested in discussing the fact that the question you ask is asked in earnest by every generation, and yet we've been pretty consistently progressing rather than collapsing? Are you not at least a bit concerned that, maybe it is more than a tad hypocritical of you to complain about having your own narrow perspective highlighted whilst claiming again and again that people "don't know the difference. They don't know the difference." Again, how old are you? How do the five years, ten years, or twenty five years you might have on some of us posting here give you more authority to speak on cultural trends spanning millennia? Upon serious examination how do you not see the arrogance of such a position?

The icing on the Hypocrisy Cake is the fact that you listened to only two of Kanye West's songs before coming to your conclusions! I happen to like a lot of his music -- but maybe I just don't know the difference.

The Enterprise is my TARDIS.
thestrangequark is offline   Reply With Quote