The Legend of Billy John - free admission
Star Trek Into Darkness IMAX/3D - free screening/free admission
The Great Gatsby 3D (2013) - free admission
Iron Man: Rise of Technovore - DVD
Cabaret - free admission
The Source Family - free admission
Detention (2011) - free admission
Turkish Star Trek (1973) - free admission

Went to see TGG 3D Wednesday afternoon. I don't think it was worth delayin' the movie for a year to upgrade it to 3D...and the movie just wasn't that good, anyway.

Followed that up with the double feature Alamo Drafthouse did Wednesday night, of the 2009 Star Trek reboot followed by Star Trek Into Darkness 3D with my friend Maeby.

Took three tries, but I finally finished the latest Iron Man animated feature. The style reminded me of the cheap anime cartoons I watched when I was a kid, and it peeved me off more than a little that the audio on the DVD started out as Japanese (had to change it to english), and the subtitles didn't match the audio (when I watch something on my computer, I turn subtitles on), which was distractin'.

Then yesterday was a four-movie marathon on the Ritz.

Was surprised Michael York was in Cabaret, which was a nice surprise. Not the best musical ever, though.

The Source Family was an interestin' documentary about a '70s hippie cult that started in California, moved to Hawaii, and now has more than a few former members in Washington state.

Detention was every kind of teen/high school movie blended together and thrown at the screen with horror & time travel bein' the biggest genre benders. Crazy awesome, and the director was there to introduce the movie & did a Q&A afterward.

And finally Turkish Star Trek, which followed TOS 'The Man Trap' more than anything, but with elements from 'Charlie X', 'Amok Time' and 'What Are Little Girls Made Of?' thrown in. Plus Turkey's own Omar the Tourist, a hobo that is transported through time & space to interact clownishly with the crew.

May try to get to Drafthouse Films' Pieta later today...