View Single Post
Old May 20 2013, 12:00 PM   #42
Kestra
Vice Admiral

Re: Have cultural standards gotten lower?

Triskelion wrote: View Post
^No, I'm Kevin Bacon motherfukcer.

iguana_tonante wrote: View Post
At 35, I am ecstatic to be called a "youngster".

But keep digging. After your scornful reply to Kestra, you lost all privileges for a polite conversation.

I'm sorry. I didn't intend to hurt anyone's feelings.

Clearly this thread has made some feel singled out which was never the intention.

But in this thread, I've been insinuated "limited in perspective," "condescending," and "unable to take criticism."

If these are undesirable traits to those citing them - then look no further than the mirror and overcome these failings in yourselves.

This topic - is not about "you."

If there's nothing wrong with you - there must be something wrong with the universe!
I don't feel singled out or hurt. I was letting you know how you are coming across because your choice of words and defensiveness are obscuring any other points you are trying to make. You've also completely ignored some valid discussion points and instead reacted defensively, responding to people that you feel are attacking you.

Yes, I told you that you were coming off as condescending and narrow-minded. I'm not above reproach myself so I'm not sure why you're telling us to look inward. My flaws are many but not particularly relevant here.

I believe that tsq in particular made some good points. This question that you're asking has come up time and time again throughout history. Popular music shouldn't be used to indict our society with cultural decline.