View Single Post
Old September 22 2005, 06:27 PM   #114
V
Commodore

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

I seriously think that any of this script thread ideas from above (people wanting to surrender, etc) are either FAKED or from early drafts soon to be abandoned.

Can anyone explain to me the current state of their validity? I still think they're just crazy rumors.

People in the civillian fleet wanting Boomer dead? Plausible.

As for using 'Stem Cells', soap operas have actually been using that as a convenient plot devise for the past few years; you see Embryonic Stem Cells only really work whe You DESTROY the Embryo (hence their controversy). However, you can get SOME stem cells from umbilicial cords (they aren't as good). But in the fantasic world of "Soap Opera Science" umbicilical cord stem cells can be harvested. Okay, it's tv science, but semi-plausible enough for me to be okay;

How did Baltar develop a cure while Colonial society did not? Why hasn't America made progress in this field, while Britain, Israel, China, and South Korea have? Maybe the Colonials didn't fully research it due to ethical complaints. Also, remember that they said there was a backlash against high-technology after the First Cylon War.

As for the above spoilers about them having a Flashback episode on Caprica the day before the Cylon attack, ***It looks like they might finally reveal who the mystery person that Number Six met was. We never found out who that was.