View Single Post
Old May 20 2013, 03:56 AM   #26
Dukhat
Commodore

Re: Generations was...

Johnny wrote: View Post

1. Because in BOBW, you knew, like every other episode that everyone was going to be just fine. Which kinda takes the tension out of it.
That's not true at all. As a matter of fact, at the time of BoBW, there was serious debate whether Patrick Stewart was going to return, since he had always felt that the producers were going to fire him. At the time, NO ONE knew if Picard was going to die or not.

2. It's about life. The sisters have been running around plotting revenge in a BoP while bargaining with a mad man wanting to blow up a planet. It changes the basic of everyone in the Federation liking teddy bears and fondue.
I still have no idea what you're talking about here. How are the Duras sister's actions in this movie any different from their actions in the show? And how does this change how other people live their lives in the 24th century?

3. My point is, Sauron wasn't after the Enterprise, it just got in the way, which makes space feel like the Ent isn't the only ship out there, making space bigger, expanding the universe, etc, showing that people off the ship actually exist. Imagine a TV series like NCIS where the lead characters were targeted for assassination each week. Implausible and boring through repetition.
First of all, it's "Soran." Sauron is the bad guy from Lord of the Rings.

Second, Soran had nothing to do with the destruction of the Enterprise. A lucky shot from an old Klingon Bird of Prey did that.

Third, whatever point you're trying to make here still eludes me.

4...It's true that only a few of the cast got exhibition, but you can't have all the crew going through a difficult time as it will be ridiculous.
And yet that's what happened in Star Trek '09, and that worked out beautifully.