View Single Post
Old May 20 2013, 02:08 AM   #13
Brit
Captain

Re: Who would have had to quit their job to look after baby Miral?

Of course in the future, just maybe you take your children to work with you. This isn't something new, I remember my grandmother talking about going to the fields with her mom and dad, all her older brothers and sisters (there were eight or so). Her job was to watch the baby, Uncle Ben.

They say it takes a village to raise a child, and a village helps for sure. The village is Voyager and it's crew. I don't think anyone would quit his job, I do think that there would be people around to help. The hologram idea isn't new, but there is no reason that 12 years of higher education would be wasted on raising children either. Tal might just be the perfect teacher/care giver.

I am a single parent, my Mother volunteered to keep my daughter in the day time while I worked, and she did so before my daughter was born. I remember being worried because I thought Lori might have been confused about who her mother was. My Mom told me quite simply "Babies are not stupid, they know who their Mothers are." And guess what, she was right. So unless you totally distance yourself from your child, they know who their parents are and no hologram or care giver no matter how good they are will take place of the parents.

Brit is offline   Reply With Quote