View Single Post
Old May 19 2013, 10:01 PM   #64
RJDementia13
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Re: Capitalisation of I

Kommander wrote: View Post
When I was first learning cursive in elementary school, the teacher, and several of the teachers that taught higher grades were all like "You need to learn this, starting next year and throughout the rest of your life no one will accept papers that aren't written in cursive!!!" I replied, "that's bullshit. With computers coming into increasingly widespread use, in a few years teachers are going to want typed papers and not accept anything handwritten. So, instead of whatever bullshit waste of time you had planned, you should be teaching us how to type."
I guess I was about 25 years ahead of my time.

scotpens wrote: View Post
You stopped using cursive in second grade? Where did you go to school? I didn't even learn cursive until third grade.
The Edward Everett in Dorchester (i.e. Boston). It would have been around 1969. We had this special lined paper-- solid lines on the top and bottom and a dotted line in the middle-- so you would know exactly where the little curves would go.