View Single Post
Old May 19 2013, 08:19 PM   #206
Eliczo
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: 7X13 The Name Of The Doctor(Grading/Discussion)(SPOILERS!)

Procutus wrote: View Post
aridas sofia wrote: View Post
I am beginning to think Simeon is The Other.

I haven't had the opportunity to read all of the various threads; just how is this Other? What have I missed?

The Other is a legendary figure in Time Lord History. During era of the 7th Doctor, the script editor Andrew Cartmel felt that all the mystery of the character had gone and sought to reintroduce some mystery. The Cartmel Masterplan, it was dubbed later on by fanon.

There were several hints to to the fact that there was more to the Doctor then just another Time Lord, including a wonderful line "Remembrance of the Daleks" where the 7th Doctor is talking about the Hand of Omega, and mentions "And didn't we have problems with the prototype."

Basically the Other was part of a Triumvirate consisting of him, Rassilon & Omega.

The Virgin New Adventure novels resolved this after the cancellation in 1989 with the novel "Lungbarrow" That says the the time lords were sterile and used Genetic looming technology to breed new Time Lords, The Other was said to have thrown him self into the looms to be reincarnated as the 1st Doctor.

Nightowl1701 wrote: View Post
Racer_X wrote: View Post
Here's one weird observation: when the Tardis crash-landed on Trenzalore, one of the window panes cracked, as the Doctor duly noted upon exiting. This exact same window pane crack appears on the large future dead Tardis when Vastra looks up after first waking up on Trenzalore. Kind of strange; wouldn't that get repaired somehow between now and the Tardis' future (which I assume would be hundreds or thousands of years long)? Was this just artistic license by the FX folks? Or was this a subtle yet intentional hint of some sort?

Hey, I said it was a weird observation....
Not only that, but the 'tomb' version of the TARDIS control room is the same desktop theme as the one 'Eleven' recently got. Yeah, it IS a subtle, intentional hint. And a very heartbreaking one.

We're very near to THE END of the entire Doctor Who saga. 'Eleven' is Twelve, and they're sticking to the whole 13-incarnation lifecycle. When Matt Smith finally decides to leave, the next regeneration will be the LAST regeneration. The Last Doctor. An old man. Maybe ginger at last, maybe not. His birth will also see the birth of the fully-formed Dream Lord/Valeyard.

And his very last adventure, on Trenzalore, will be a 'relatively minor skirmish' as Doctor Who episodes go. The last will die as the first did - collapsing on the floor of the TARDIS from extreme old age and sheer exhaustion.

I do think that John Hurt plays the real 9th incarnation, but no way will the series end after next doctor. The BBC wouldn't stick to an old idea from the series if it prevents it continiung, and anyway there are ways around the 13 lives limit, the Time Lords gave The Master a new set.
Eliczo is offline   Reply With Quote