View Single Post
Old May 19 2013, 05:52 PM   #184
Procutus
Admiral

Re: 7X13 The Name Of The Doctor(Grading/Discussion)(SPOILERS!)

Jax wrote: View Post
easily one of the best episodes of Doctor Who since its return.

This.

I finally got to see this last night around 10:30 once we got home. Totally exceeded my expectations, and the explanation for why Clara is 'The Impossible Girl' was bloody brilliant, really.

I have to be honest, I was actually expecting this to be a total timey-whimey cluster-fuck, but it was great. I'm still not at all sure that Grand Moff Steven really has any idea where he's going with this, but for now I'm willing to go along for the ride. The fan-wank with the images of the previous Doctors was great, though I never did spot McGann or Tennant (and I was looking for them). It was a nice homage to the source material.

John Hurt. I wasn't sure if we'd really get to see him in this ep or had to wait until November. After reading some of the above and thinking about what the Doctor said to Clara, I'm convinced that Hurt is actually the Doctor before he became William Hartnell, rather than a future regeneration. I mean, if he was a future regeneration, how could the Doctor know who he was now?

Then again, the implication was that crossing paths with his future was dangerous, and he seemed to think that about the Hurt-Doctor.

I can't wait to watch it again.