View Single Post
Old May 19 2013, 04:24 AM   #46
Sector 7
Vice Admiral
Send a message via AIM to Sector 7
Re: Science experiment gone bad

iguana_tonante wrote: View Post
With all the crap I did in school and at home mixing up stuff just to see what would happen, I should have been branded a terrorist and public enemy number one.

For fuck's sake.
Being the top chemistry student in my school [I still have the certificate], when I read about nitroglycerin I just had to try it. Unfortunately, I did it in the football practice field. My punishment was after school detention, during which I filled in the roughly 4'x4'x4' hole and re-sodded the grass.

Gilbert & Sullivan wrote it best, "Let the punishment fit the crime, let the punishment fit the crime..."

Later in life, much thanks to my clean record, I became well-versed in ordinance as a US Navy SEAL.

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
B.J. wrote: View Post
There's a petition on to have the charges dropped.
Ah, she's Black. No wonder. Wouldn't want a Black girl to have an interest in Science. That would be too much like the 21st Century. I signed the petition.
Unfortunately, the principal refuses to let her attend school and losing ground with her grades. I am happy to see NASA sees her potential.

America, land of the free... unless you are black, gay or some other minority.
“When all Americans are treated as equal, no matter who they are or whom they love, we are all more free.” -Pres. Obama
"A great democracy does not make it harder to vote than to buy an assault weapon." -Pres. Clinton
Sector 7 is offline   Reply With Quote