View Single Post
Old May 19 2013, 03:24 AM   #46
Sector 7
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sector 7
Re: Science experiment gone bad

iguana_tonante wrote: View Post
With all the crap I did in school and at home mixing up stuff just to see what would happen, I should have been branded a terrorist and public enemy number one.

For fuck's sake.
Being the top chemistry student in my school [I still have the certificate], when I read about nitroglycerin I just had to try it. Unfortunately, I did it in the football practice field. My punishment was after school detention, during which I filled in the roughly 4'x4'x4' hole and re-sodded the grass.

Gilbert & Sullivan wrote it best, "Let the punishment fit the crime, let the punishment fit the crime..."

Later in life, much thanks to my clean record, I became well-versed in ordinance as a US Navy SEAL.

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
B.J. wrote: View Post
There's a petition on change.org to have the charges dropped.
Ah, she's Black. No wonder. Wouldn't want a Black girl to have an interest in Science. That would be too much like the 21st Century. I signed the petition.
Unfortunately, the principal refuses to let her attend school and losing ground with her grades. I am happy to see NASA sees her potential.

America, land of the free... unless you are black, gay or some other minority.