View Single Post
Old May 19 2013, 02:14 AM   #82
sttngfan1701d
Commodore

Re: 7X13 The Name Of The Doctor(Grading/Discussion)(SPOILERS!)

Hmm. I guess I hyped myself up too much. The word I would use to describe that is....ambitious. Maybe great, but I don't have a "This is the best episode ever!" feeling about it.

I think part of the problem is that there was too much packed into the 42 minutes. This could've improved if they gave it breathing room. Maybe 60 minutes to alleviate the rushed feeling. By the time the Great Intelligence is done pontificating, there's like 14 minutes of the episode left; not much time for a payoff and resolution, so everything has to be super rushed.

I don't know...I guess I should watch it again. Clara saving him doesn't feel like a sacrifice because she doesn't have enough time to ponder what it means, and she's in the time stream for like 2 seconds (although it's cool seeing her with the old footage). I thought it was going to be like the end of The End of Time.

It just felt....truncated. I saw tears on Clara's face but I didn't have time to feel the emotion of her making this sacrifice to save him. I think a lot was left on the cutting room floor with this one.
sttngfan1701d is offline   Reply With Quote