View Single Post
Old May 18 2013, 04:08 PM   #17
NKemp3
Commodore

Re: Moore/Behr Interview: Studio wanted to get rid of Bashir/Move Stat

HaventGotALife wrote: View Post
R. Star wrote: View Post
To be fair... even letting the Dominion occupy DS9 "at all" was a giant risk in the realms of Trekdom. I remember the first time I watched a "Time to Stand" I just got shivers from Dukat giving the Captain's Log.

Sure it would've been great if it lasted longer, but... well they can be forgiven that at the time the fans wanted a payoff to that story arc. DS9 set the standard in Trek for that continuous story telling. Could it have been better? Sure... but it's what we got and it was great. I wish Enterprise had taken a page from the DS9 book.
"A Time to Stand." That brings back memories. It was the first year that I had an internet connection (at the local library, couldn't afford a computer). I printed out pictures from First Contact and Insurrection. And some site had cracked how long the Dominion would occupy the station (six episodes). I also learned about Worf's wedding on that site. First Star Trek spoilers. They even had whole scripts online. It was fantastic! I didn't usually read the scripts. God, what was that, like, what 1997?
Ah, memories! I don't know of a site that had had entire scripts online but I do recall those great world wide web Trek sites that I discovered back aound this same time when I was being introduced to the internet in college. I can't recall all the names but my favorite was probably The Great Link. When it came to Trek discussions however I loved the forums on Psi Phi and the AOL Trek boards.

Anyhow it would have been common knowledge by the time "A Time to Stand" aired that there would be a six episode arc of the Dominion occupation of DS9.