View Single Post
Old May 18 2013, 07:00 AM   #2801
gornsky
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Xaios wrote: View Post
Word of mouth is going to win people over to this movie. A friend of mine who is the most consummate film buff I know, and not a Trekkie in the least, just posted this on his Facebook:

And thus, the latest Star Trek is, undeniably, the best film I've seen of 2013 so far. It's loud, brash, satisfying, exhilarating, and epic, from start to end, and it has a capable antagonist worthy of loathe and astonishment. On par, if not better, than the original, and highly recommended to anyone with working eyes and ears.
I got an email from a friend at work last night wanting to know if I wanted to go and see the movie again on Sunday. She was looking for some company. She is a theatre buff and spends most of her vacation time in either New York or London seeing shows. Everyone knows I'm a bit of a Trekkie, but I would have thought this movie was completely outside her preferences.

We had a last minute spare ticket at our IMAX screening and she took it up. But it completely floored me that out of the blue, she is wanting to go and see it AGAIN!
gornsky is offline   Reply With Quote