View Single Post
Old May 17 2013, 11:15 PM   #2638
Location: Somewhere west of the North Atlantic, North of New York City, but south of Canada
Send a message via AIM to DaveyNY

CorporalCaptain wrote: View Post
Pauln6 wrote: View Post
And in the 21st century we use robotic drones to survey high radiation hot zones for a reason.
Star Trek has been behind the curve when it comes to robots, from the very beginning. Even Lost in Space had a robot!

It's worth pointing out, though, that had there been engineering drones, or even waldos, of some kind, the plot could have ixnayed them, by saying that radiation in the core would fry out their duotronics or whatever. Scotty: "The core is the one place the Rovers can't go."
I was kinda disappointed that the chamber kirk went into didn't have more glowing effects (Lens Flares??) in it.

Seemed like a bit of a let-down after seeing what Spock stuck his head into for TWoK.
I must go out in2 space again for the call of adventure cries. With a steady hand & robust crew I'll take her forth with pride. I must go out in2 space again to a vagabond Captains life. Where comets play & galaxies sway like whirlwinds in the night.
DaveyNY is offline   Reply With Quote