View Single Post
Old September 3 2005, 09:00 PM   #37
Caprica_Six
Admiral

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

Posted by flamingliberal:
BTW, I LOVE this thread! One-stop shopping. Brilliant idea, SJ! As a reward, here's a fantastic quote from your favorite lady President:

“I think Laura should help women like Hilary Clinton get into power,” McDonnell says. “The more we have actresses playing women in power the more the idea becomes part of people’s expectations and culture. People start absorbing it as a given, and start expecting women to be in that position. The repetition of the image is what shifts our perception in TV and movies and then hopefully in real life.”
“The power in Laura grows up out of the obstacles and the circumstances, it isn’t something she just pulls out of the hat or had to begin with,” says the actress, who’d previously come closest to power as Bill Paxton’s First Lady in Independence Day. “She’s dying of breast cancer, she’s not ambitious politically, she wasn’t trained to be in this position, she doesn’t know a thing about being out in Space, so if you really line up your ducks, you go ‘Who is going to follow her?’ But they keep supporting her sincerity and commitment, she’s a long haul kind of girl.”
Link
Glad you like the thread mate thanks for sharing the quote I hadn't seen that one yet :thumbsup: