View Single Post
Old May 17 2013, 01:20 AM   #2550
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

As much as I hate Cosmic Book News, every once in a while, they get something good.

Here is an interview with Peter David about the end of X-Factor.

A few interesting tidbits...

CBN: So can you tell us just a hint or two about what will be happening to these characters we love in "End of X-Factor"?
PAD: After the end of “Hell on Earth War,” all the characters are spread all over reality. And I'm doing a series of stories that has them dealing with their individual situations.

CBN: Of course, the elephant in the room has always been the mysterious relationship between Longshot and Shatterstar. Will you solve this long-standing thread before the curtain falls?
PAD: I absolutely do. That's in issue #259. I got permission from editorial to tell explicitly what the relationship between the two of them is.

CBN: Now that it is ending, was "Hell on Earth War" all that you had envisioned over all these years?
PAD: Not really. I would have liked it to impact other titles in the Marvel line. But the opportunity to do a company-wide crossover didn't present itself.

CBN: Can you tell us anything about the new project you're working on for Marvel? It doesn't involve an X-Factor relaunch, does it?
PAD: Mmmmaybe.
I would happily read a company-wide crossover event helmed by PAD. It's a shame that it couldn't be worked out.