View Single Post
Old May 17 2013, 12:58 AM   #939
Lighthammer
Fleet Captain

Re: Green Arrow (CW)

sojourner wrote: View Post
Lighthammer wrote: View Post

sojourner wrote: View Post
I am guessing Moira's trial will last most of next season. Gives a plot line for both Laurel and Moira to work on.
If it does I will be sad.

Speaking as someone who went to school for Law, though she was complicit in what happened, there's a portion of the law known as the force of personality doctrine meaning if someone forced you to do something under death threat, you're actions are mitigates; not necessarily dismissed, but mitigated.

Arresting after the press conference, legally speaking was absolutely the right thing to do. No question. Investigating her ties to the situation is also legally sound as is having a trial.

Finding her guilty for conspiracy or terrorism under death threat is certainly not founded and the show would be doing the justice system a disservice "rendering" such any sort of a verdict in a fictional show.
Good thing I said "trial" and not "found guilty". The trial can easily be dragged out over a season.
I suppose THAT's true.

If they go that route though, being someone who was educated in that profession (note, I don't currently work there, so practical experience may be lacking!) I'd almost like to see them take some "artistic license" and not drag out a long trial to demonstrate clear, swift and fair justice; but an investigation taking the much of the season, especially if she is exceedingly complicit, could be very interesting and open up a whole slue of new plot elements.

Heck, if her willingness to pursue the truth becomes a guiding principle of the Queen House, that alone could really help define Ollie's role as a hero in a way he can wholeheartedly follow in her footsteps with pride.

I think seeing her come forward the way she did REALLY touched Ollie in deeply profound ways and the story could play on that while still having Moira work towards repenting for her crimes and being brought to justice.

I might go so far as to say there could be some really profound moments ahead with this line of thought (provided they pursue it in some way).