View Single Post
Old September 2 2005, 02:22 PM   #27
nevermore
Admiral

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

Posted by Hobs202:
First of all, why is Starbuck not mentioned anywhere in the script? Secondly <span class="spoiler"><font class="small">Spoiler:</font><hr /><span>an evil terrorist/pacifist group that wants to SURRENDER to the Cylons??? Interesting... but what kind of idiots would even THINK about surrendering to a race that's devoted to wiping all humans out? </span><hr /></span> Also the whole plot with Lee looks kind of dull. I don't know why, but it just does.
No need for that ugly spoiler code here! Anyway, I really think that the whole "idiot stupid peaceniks insist on a terribly self-destuctive and trgically naieve course of action" plot is something I probably won't like. It ties into something that has bothered me about Zarak since Colonial Day.

The depiction of so-called "liberals" in this show is really off-putting. They are depicted in both instances as being so blinded by their ideology and docterines that they are incapable of recognizing necessity and pragmatic priorities. In Colonial Day, Zarak's rhetoric regarding the gardener is a perfect example of this: "Why is he still working?" Well, because it's better than standing around with his thumb up his ass waiting to be obliterated, that's why. Why do we still have government? Well, because a society requires certain things in order to function, all the more so when the lives of every individual within that society depend, on and hour-to-hour basis upon the effectiveness of the leadership.

The whole "peacenik" story seems to be an exention of this theme that people whose ideals may not be necessarily comaptble with a changed circumtance, are incapable or recognizing that.

So, in brief, I guessing that I'm not gonna like this one so much. And Starbuck's not in it. That sucks too.