View Single Post
Old May 16 2013, 11:29 PM   #523
IcecreamLtDan
Captain

Re: Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D to ABC!

TemporalFlux wrote: View Post
Someone at Bleeding Cool had an interesting theory. J. August Richards could be playing Michael Collins (aka Deathlok). It's clear in the trailer that the tv character has some kind of cybernetic implant in his arm (possibly alien tech that could be spreading over his body with time?); and the Collins Deathlok from the comics had assistance from SHIELD in improving his condition.

All just theory, though. It would take a different interpretation of Deathlok to make it work, but there's a great deal of dramatic potential (especially if the character dies but the tech brings his body back akin to the corpse like Deathlok). Can Michael find his humanity again after that? Lots of dramatic potential; and the kind of surprising heartfelt twist I would expect from Whedon.
I wouldn't mind this one at all. As a kid I read the Astonishing stories original version of Deathlok, Colonel Luther Manning, and loved it. Always wanted to see an onscreen version of the character, even if it differed from the comics.
IcecreamLtDan is offline   Reply With Quote