View Single Post
Old May 16 2013, 07:31 PM   #2329
flemm
Fleet Captain

Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

hamudm wrote: View Post
EDIT: People are creaming their pants over this movie for the same reasons that people heaved dung at Nemesis... this whole thing really has me baffled. I'm questioning my own sanity right now... am I even awake?
Well, I'm certainly not "creaming my pants," but there is a pretty massive difference in quality between this movie and Nemesis imo.

Just in terms of raw entertainment and action, firstly.

I can't get too excited about the film personally because I didn't like the heavy reliance on "quoting" (sometimes literally) earlier movies, the script is a bit unfocused, and it didn't really "hook" me emotionally.

But I'd love this incarnation of Trek to get a really awesome script at some point. It could happen.

hamudm wrote: View Post
I'm not entirely disagreeing with you, but relevant, intelligent, rational and focused storytelling and fun/action/adventure do not have to be mutually exclusive concepts.
That's true.

But one just has to accept that these threads will have a certain amount of "you should like this/you shouldn't like this/you should think this/you should think that, etc., etc."
flemm is offline   Reply With Quote