View Single Post
Old May 16 2013, 06:51 PM   #780
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Well, obviously some of Origins fits in with Wolverine in the other X-Men movies, but that doesn't mean it happened the way the movie said it does. I'm just saying that a lot of the stupider useless stuff like screwed up Deadpool, magic memory erasing bullet, Sabertooth having a connection to Logan (which X-Men 1 almost contradicts anyway, with Sabertooth being completely different and never mentioning Wknowing Wolverine) and stuff like that can safely be ignored. There are also complete contradictions of Origins in FC. I'm pretty sure Emma frost in Origins doesn't work with the Emma Frost in First Class since FC Emma is in her late 20's or early thirties in the 60's in FC, and she was younger in Origins, which couldn't have taken place in the sixties (because Prof X was older, aka Patrick Stewart, and Cyclops was a teen so for his age to work in the trilogy Origins couldn't have taken place anywhere near the time of FC). Since FC is definately in continuity with the trilogy, and Origins is constantly ignored/contradicted in FC, it stands to reason that Origins is pretty much non canon for the X-Men movies now, even if some of the events could fit with stuff that happened to Logan. No one says he had to have gotten amnesia that way. It could just be the adamantium bonding process gave him amnesia (I'm pretty sure thats what happened in the comics). There's nothing i can remember in the movies that say that couldn't be the case. Its more like Origins was somewhat similar to Wolverine's "actual" origins for the X-Men trilogy, but doesn't tell the actual story.
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote