View Single Post
Old May 16 2013, 10:33 AM   #91
Rainbow Dash
Osmotic Egghead

Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Dash Send a message via AIM to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Yahoo to Rainbow Dash
Re: All right, all you JJ-haters! Put your money where your mouth is!

throwback wrote: View Post
What is a secured facility? Here is an example from the 21st century.

The President Emergency Operations Center (PEOC)

The PEOC was built six stories below ground under the East Wing [ed. of the White House] to provide the President with a secure meeting place in the event of an emergency. Access to the PEOC is by an elevator located behind multiple vault-type doors with biometric access control systems.
http://whitehouse.gov1.info/tunnel/

As a writer, I would start with this as a basis for the room where the meeting would be held. I would do other research and consult experts, and, then, I would envision how an attack might proceed.
Who knows? By the 23rd century, an outhouse could be a secured facility depending upon the technology used to protect it. In the case of the movie, having top officers from the fleet in the same room would just about guarantee a level of security above that of a regular office or meeting area.

In this case, security is thrown out the window because of how the act was orchestrated.
Brony Kingdom
Rainbow Dash is offline   Reply With Quote