View Single Post
Old May 15 2013, 10:11 PM   #247
Santa Horrible
Tom Hendricks

View Santa Horrible's Twitter Profile
Re: Movies Seen In 2013

Another Earth - DVR - HBO is showing this, so I recorded it. It's one of a few films I wanted to see. I also want to see Melancholy, Sound of my Voice and Safety Not Guaranteed.

I want to put this out right away, I really enjoyed this movie. I liked the performances, thought that both Brit Marling and William Mapother were outstanding. The movie has a Primer vibe to it, which I count as a positive. I can see why some people wouldn't like the movie, it's a bit plodding.

Lets get to the heart of the movie, are the events happening real or just part of her coping mechanism? After watching the movie I thought I need to know this answer, but after running through my head a few hundred times, I don't think so. I don't think knowing either way would make the movie any different. Rhoda is an unreliable narrator, even before the accident. So you can't believe a word she said or what we were shown. I like these heady forays into science fiction. Even when they aren't the greatest, still gives me hope.

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.
Santa Horrible is offline   Reply With Quote