View Single Post
Old May 15 2013, 04:30 PM   #17
Doomsday
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Episode of the Week: 2x16 "Q Who"

Jeyl wrote: View Post
... As for Picard looking weak to the crew, well, what was the alternative? The Borg were about to assimilate the Enterprise so it asking Q to join Picard in his ready room would have been silly. I think for the crew to see Picard admit to Q's points and ask for help shows that Picard is willing to do whatever it takes to keep his ship safe. Even when he asks for help, he still comes off as strong and competent...
You're probably right about this, I'm sure Picard saying "Q, join me in my ready room." at that moment would have looked absurd too. I was just grasping for something better than what he did. To me, he does NOT come off as strong and competent there.

Again, I realize that was the point of the episode, so maybe I'm nitpicking. It's just something that made me feel uncomfortable while watching it, like "this is supposed to be my hero?"

Hero's can be (and should be ) flawed, in order to be believable. But we should still, at the end of the day, feel that our hero managed to save the day, at least on some level, even if at great cost.

I don't claim to know the answer here, I just felt this ending was inadequate.