View Single Post
Old May 15 2013, 02:19 PM   #218
Chu'lak
Lieutenant

Re: "Iron Man 3" Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)

Iron Kiss Kiss Lethal Weapon Man Rises 3: But it was pretty terrible. The whole movie seemed like Downey saying, folks, thank you, I appreciate what this franchise has done for me and the Jack Nicholson Batman money that Avengers made for me (70 million), but I need to move on. I’ll do Avengers 2 and maybe three, but let’s wrap up the Iron Man series. Let’s face it, only the first one was really good, and I think that was only because we were all so surprised at Downey’s performance. That and for the first time ever I didn’t loathe Gwenyth Paltrow on screen.

I walked out of the theatre kinda meh. They came too close to Spider Man three retconning for my tastes, Guy Pearce yelling “I AM THE MANDARIN!!” I think he almost went ahead and said ”And I was the one who had you confined in the cave!”

But the ending hacked me off, but it didn’t for a few days. A few days later I found out in the Junior Novelization the end of the book isn’t “I am Iron Man.” Its “I am Tony Stark.” What a perfect way that would have bookended the trilogy but the Mouse is greedy and they’re going to keep backing up the dump trucks full of money to Downey’s house, so they changed the ending.
Chu'lak is offline   Reply With Quote