View Single Post
Old May 15 2013, 09:35 AM   #1958
CommishSleer
Fleet Captain

View CommishSleer's Twitter Profile
Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Phily B wrote: View Post
Is this Generations that was so bad that Nimoy didn't want anything to do with it? If STID had half the plot holes that Generations had then this thread would be unbearable.
dulcimer47 wrote: View Post
"Real" Star Trek is character development and social commentary told through a sci-fi prism, not explosions, CGI, and magic Khan blood.

True, I should have specified new episodes of a show like TNG and/or DS9.

Who was it recently who said that Star Trek is a TV show and best done in that format? Ron Moore I believe.
So the real Star trek is just TV episodes or DS9 and TNG. No TOS, TAS, VOY, ENT or any movies.
As for magic blood, there were plenty of 'magical' non-scientific things through all the series including TNG

dulcimer47 wrote: View Post
Phily B wrote: View Post
Is this Generations that was so bad that Nimoy didn't want anything to do with it? If STID had half the plot holes that Generations had then this thread would be unbearable.
Nimoy didn't want anything to do with Generations because there wasn't enough for Spock to do, as it was a TNG movie.

I've seen Nimoy at a convention and he basically said to Shatner that he was stupid to be in GEN. And what a really stupid way to die. He said if he Spock was in it Kirk wouldn't have died. He said it again and again.
Not that there wasn't enough to do - that the Kirk/TOS part of it was stupid. Thats the reason he says he didn't want to be in it.
CommishSleer is offline   Reply With Quote