View Single Post
Old May 14 2013, 05:49 PM   #233
Tora Ziyal
Rear Admiral

Re: 5 year old given rifle as gift, kills 2 year old sister

cooleddie74 wrote: View Post
The question is: why do you think the most successful democratic republic in history is on the verge of becoming tyrannical against her own people after 230 years of continuous and evolving democracy that has only grown more and more expansive over the generations, granting more and more people well-deserved liberty and opportunity as the decades and centuries have passed and we as a people have socially evolved and become more tolerant?

Why are you paranoid and distrusting of a government that - in spite of its innumerable flaws and acts of stupidity throughout its history - has been one of the most stable and democratic systems that's ever existed on the face of our planet? What do you think is going to happen to the American people and our Constitution, and why?
Excellent questions, Eddie.

I hear so much more of this kind of paranoia than I did years ago. Not sure how much is an actual increase in fear, and how much is that we encounter a wider variety of people online than most of us know in person, so I'm just more aware of it.
Tora Ziyal is offline   Reply With Quote