View Single Post
Old May 14 2013, 12:01 PM   #4
Locutus of Bored
The Locutest One of All

Re: Question about [a planet] in Into Darkness (SPOILERS).

Austin 3:16 wrote: View Post
I wouldn't really count this as a spoiler, since it's just a question about looks.
Just the same, I concealed the name in the title and spoiler tagged it for people who have been avoiding the trailers and other info.

FreddyE wrote: View Post
Oh...and apperantly when new timelines are created, then the correct spelling of stuff changes to. It was "Kronos" on screen ;-)
That's neither a new thing or a mistake, though.

Qo'noS (transliterated to Kronos in English)

The Klingon homeworld remained canonically unnamed until Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, in which it was identified as "Kronos", spelled that way in the film's script. The spelling "Kronos" was also used in most of the scripts of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episodes. It was also used in the script of the Star Trek: Enterprise episode "Broken Bow". According to the pronunciation guide in the script of DS9: "Tears of the Prophets", KRO-nos is the phonetic spelling of "Kronos".

"Chronos" was a more rare alternative spelling used in the scripts of only two Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episodes, "Once More Unto the Breach" and "Extreme Measures" The spelling "Kronos" was however identified as the correct one, when it was seen on screen in Star Trek Into Darkness.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Kronos_One
'First Contact' is the tale of a man who just wants to cash in on his creation so he can get wasted on an island full of naked women, but his fans keep insisting that he's a saintly visionary who has profoundly altered the world. AKA - 'I Don't Want to be a Statue: The Gene Roddenberry Story.'

Last edited by M'Sharak; May 14 2013 at 06:52 PM.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote