View Single Post
Old May 13 2013, 11:19 PM   #268
BizarroStormy
Fleet Captain

Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier pre-release thread

I haven't read the previous 16 or so screens, and I hope this comment won't overlap previous posts. But my thinking is that if Robert Redford is siging up for a Marvel film role, than pretty much any actor, including Sean Penn, may someday follow suit. Since less US dramas are made year-round, and these are the highest profile action films with occasional substance.....

I'm certain Redford read the entire part for committing. He may even have additional scenes tailored to his activist nature. His last film, THE COMPANY YOU KEEP, had a roster of great actors plus Chiapet Labeefyboof, and was partially successful in its execution. The ending was a little dry.

Redford picks good projects, but let's be honest.....his acting range is paper-thin. I can't remember any major emoting from him other than mild shouting over the decades. His strength is mainly in good dialogue, and direction. But his appearance in WINTER SOLDIER is a major Marvel threshold and it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
BizarroStormy is offline   Reply With Quote