Thread: How to begin?
View Single Post
Old May 13 2013, 08:11 PM   #15
Buster
Ensign

Re: How to begin?

Count Zero wrote: View Post
There are certainly more than two worth reading. There's also a forum here dedicated to Trek literature where you could get all of your questions regarding the book line get answered by the experts, so to speak.

Personally, I'd highly recommend "Ex Machina" By Christopher Bennett which is a sequel to the first movie and the TOS episode "For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky" - even if you end up being underwhelmed by the first movie.
I hadn't noticed the literature section before now, thanks for telling me. Although since I only have so much free time and don't plan to dedicate the rest of my life to Star Trek, the novels aren't really a priority right now. When I feel like giving one a try I'll have a look at what people recommend and search the web for it. Hopefully I can get some of them on Kindle. My slow reading speed and mountain of great looking books I haven't even picked up yet will limit my time for them though.

This series is really capturing my imagination and making me wish I lived in a time where space travel of that kind was possible. I don't think there's anything more interesting than what might be out there in space. Catching up with Star Trek is a monumental task and my lack of free time that isn't spent with friends or playing the latest game is quite small.

Heh. I just realized every post of mine in this thread reads more like a blog post than a discussion about Star Trek. Too much detail about my life. Only the most bored forum members could find this interesting. Even now I'm not stopping and continuing to type pointless text that some unlucky person will spend their valuable time reading. Oh well. Maybe I should actually start a blog about watching Star Trek for the first time and how it holds up to someone who doesn't look at it through the eyes of nostalgia.

It'd also give me the chance to improve my writing. Starting a blog might be worth it just for that. Even if nobody reads it. If you've gotten this far you seem to be willing to read my thoughts for an extended period of time. Get ready for more of this boring list of inane details about my life with the occasional mention of Star Trek for good measure. For some reason I have no intention of stopping.
Buster is offline   Reply With Quote