View Single Post
Old May 13 2013, 07:35 PM   #21
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral
Re: Your best headache cures!

I use a scented rice or flaxseed filled heating pad (such as this) on my forehead. Although it usually doesn't "cure" the headache, it at least relieves it while the heat is applied.

I also drink extra milk, especially if it's a hormonal headache accompanied by dizziness. I guess my body is lacking something during that time of the month that milk can provide.

Also, what makes my headaches worse is bright lights or reading, so I will wear sunglasses (even indoors) and don't use the computer/TV. But I have a natural sensitivity to light so this may not be an issue for you.

Tylenol also helps, though 90% of the time I avoid medications, I don't like the side effects. It usually comes down to a choice between having the headache or having nausea from medication, and often I prefer the headache.

Finally, the only real solution I have found is to go to sleep. Some days I wake up and have a headache that gets progressively worse throughout the day and no amount of remedies will fix it. I just have to sleep it off.
Time present and time past
are both perhaps present in time future.
And time future contained in time past.
T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is online now   Reply With Quote