View Single Post
Old May 13 2013, 06:24 PM   #57
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: 7.2 Box Set Already Available In America

SeerSGB wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
StCoop wrote: View Post

To what possible end? To piss off fans, generate negative publicity and drive the ratings down even further?
Plus BBC isn't legally allowed to play games like this and tell lies. Which means it would be down to BBC America playing the con, and I can't imagine any circumstance where they would think a con like this would be beneficial
Well it's got people talking about the finale, for one. It's probably bumped up orders for the DVD sets, do to people thinking they're going to get it early. I can see some marketing manager coming up with this. And the BCC proper would end up with plausible deniability: "We didn't do it, some packer in the American warehouse fucked up...heads will roll!"
I'm fairly confident this is legitimate fuck-up and not some convoluted ploy to generate hype/ratings. Fuck-ups happen, and are a reality of life. This sort of ploy would take quite a bit of planning, more than BBC or Moffat would consider necessary when they can just do their usual promos/interviews/clips/pictures and get fandom's blood pumping.

The lesson learned here is in the future to avoid this sort of thing happening again, don't release the DVD set so close to the finale's airdate.

Last edited by The Wormhole; May 13 2013 at 06:34 PM.
The Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote