View Single Post
Old May 13 2013, 03:52 PM   #125
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

Re: 7X12 Nightmare in Silver(Grading/Discussion)(SPOILERS)

Good. Grading this one was tough. Good is probably a bit generous. One the one hand, there was stuff that I really loved. On the other, stuff I really didn't like. And, it was all mixed together.

The stuff I liked. Mainly the upgraded Cybermen and the future history of the Cybermen. The upgrades were great, and it made you realize, this is how the Cybermen should've always been. Highly advanced cybernetic lifeforms aren't going to be the slow, bulky clunking things we've seen. The new "Cybermats" were great. Again, they should've always been like that.

I also loved the future history. They're so dangerous that if you can't destroy one, you blow up the entire planet to be sure. And, that that strategy worked but ruined an entire galaxy.

On the other hand, most of the other stuff didn't work. The kids in an amusepark, silly. The game of chess, didn't really make sense. Although, Matt Smith did a great job acting both sides of that. The siege in the silly castle, no thanks. And, for a siege, not much really happened. So much of it just didn't gel.

A big weird ball of great stuff and not so great stuff mixed together.

Mr Awe
Mr Awe is offline   Reply With Quote