Over the past week, I finished:
TOS: Errand of Vengeance No. 1: The Edge of the Sword by Kevin Ryan
Spectre by William Shatner and Gar & Judith Reeves-Stevens
The Devil's Heart by Carmen Carter
Honor Blade (TOS #96) by Diane Duane
Metamorphoses by Ovid
Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
The Folded World by Jeff Mariotte

Edge of the Sword was really interesting - I had never read any of those books before and I really enjoyed the "Lower Decks"-style take on early TOS. I'll never watch the first part of "What Are Little Girls Made of?" the same way again, though.

I'd read the first 3 Shatnerverse novels before - I haven't really been a big fan of the Shatnerverse previously and Spectre didn't help. I never found the idea of him just falling head-over-heels for Teilani believable at all, plus it seems like he is turning into Super-Kirk and is just becoming a parody of himself.

The Devil's Heart was a mess, in my opinion. I kept expecting Picard to start making weird noises in his throat and referring to the Heart as his "precious". It also seemed like there were way too many peripheral characters with little or no impact on the story. I'd liked Carter's previous novels but this one just didn't work for me.

I really liked My Enemy, My Ally but I haven't liked any of the Rihannsu novels after that. I thought that Swordhunt and Honor Blade were both very dull, especially. I know that those were originally supposed to be a single novel and they got split into two separate books in order to avoid a hole in the publishing schedule after The Empty Chair was delayed. Even though both books are rather short (220 pages each), I wonder if they received extra padding when they were separated and that slowed their pace down. I've now read all of Diane Duane's ST novels except The Empty Chair - I wish she'd written more standalones like The Wounded Sky, Doctor's Orders, and Intellivore and left the Rihannsu-verse alone after My Enemy, My Ally.