View Single Post
Old May 13 2013, 12:53 PM   #1766
Opus
Commodore

Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Xavier_Storma wrote: View Post
indranee wrote: View Post
Devon wrote: View Post

Yes. They want to make a movie that people will actually like and will justify them spending $10.00 on a ticket, unlike the old guard.
LOL. Syfy is showing Generations now, then Insurrection, then Nemesis.

I am just sitting here, shaking my head at Syfy. Some programmer in there must, MUST have a seriously twisted sense of humor. If ever there were a bigger chasm between what was needed and what we got during those TNG-era-movie years... this was pretty much it.
Sorry, but I have to disagree here. The four TNG films WERE as much TNG as the series, and I could not think of better or other adventures for Picard's crew. Why the bashing... it is so 90ies. Move on already.
TNG movies were glorified TV episodes. They did nothing and looked no better than what people could watch on DS9 and VOY for free on TV. Most times, the TV shows were better.
Now that I've seen it, and have also had time to mellow, to really think about it, I now find it absolutely, unbearably repulsive in every way except for some of the acting. - about The Wrath of Khan. Interstat, Issue 62: 1982
Opus is offline   Reply With Quote