View Single Post
Old May 13 2013, 11:19 AM   #36
Robert Comsol
Commodore

Re: TOS Enterprise Interiors -- Unreal 3 Engine

Donny wrote: View Post
My use of TOS-R is going to minimal. The view screen image above is just a placeholder, but I do like the TOS-R chronometer. The Shuttlebay? I will definitely be going with the original version. No way I would put something as ugly as the TOS-R shuttlebay into the project
Thanks, I'm glad to hear that.

Donny wrote: View Post
As for the command chair buttons, as far as I know the only time we see the labels up close was in Court Martial, so that's what I'm going with. I'm sure Shatner pushed buttons arbitrarily in other episodes, but I won't go so far as to try to reconcile this discrepancy.
Yes, that was the only time we saw the labels up close. I'm just wondering if the button was permanently assigned to the "Jettison Pod" function. If you look close, you can see that the "Jettison" function seems fixed, but "Pod" seems somehow attached or to be part of a function select wheel ("< Pod >") of some kind. With a digital ship's chronometer that button may have a diffent function for each mission.

If memory serves the last button was usually used for shipwide intercom address (captain to crew). I'm not sure what the button right ahead of it was usually used for (log recordings?). Alternately, by pushing it, you might change the function of the middle button ("Jettison Pod" > "Jettison (Recorder) Marker" > "Jettison Probe" > "Jettison Nacelles" > "Jettison (Engineering) Core" and/or "Record Log" > "Coffee to the Bridge" etc.).

Bob

Last edited by Robert Comsol; May 13 2013 at 11:32 AM.
Robert Comsol is offline   Reply With Quote