View Single Post
Old May 13 2013, 12:02 AM   #32
Donny
Commander

Re: TOS Enterprise Interiors -- Unreal 3 Engine

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
After seeing this I WANT TO HAVE AN INTELLIGENT AND CHALLENGING TOS VIDEO GAME - ASAP (will somebody please notify Hideo Kojima).

Excellent and passionate work.

Looking at the viewscreen and the ship's chronometer I see the influence of TOS-R (but hopefully not when you get to the shuttlebay?!).

I have to admit that I haven't paid attention to all of Kirk's button pushing on his Bridge chair. Was the third one always for "Jettison Pod" or was it only mission-specific in "Court-Martial"?
I seem to remember a couple of episodes he pushed this one for intercom purposes (but I could be wrong).

Bob
Well, the ultimate goal is to provide a setting for said "intelligent and challenging TOS video game", but who knows if I can accomplish that on my own. I want to recruit a team of people that can help with that goal, so if anyone has any relevant skills (character modeling, animation, and scripting) and is willing to help out, please PM me.

My use of TOS-R is going to minimal. The view screen image above is just a placeholder, but I do like the TOS-R chronometer. The Shuttlebay? I will definitely be going with the original version. No way I would put something as ugly as the TOS-R shuttlebay into the project

As for the command chair buttons, as far as I know the only time we see the labels up close was in Court Martial, so that's what I'm going with. I'm sure Shatner pushed buttons arbitrarily in other episodes, but I won't go so far as to try to reconcile this discrepancy.

http://rigel7studios.blogspot.com/

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote