Old May 12 2013, 02:54 PM   #1674
sadsquid
Lieutenant

Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

LOKAI of CHERON wrote: View Post
M wrote: View Post
Ulva wrote: View Post
<snap>

This is just an action film with a Starfleet communicator pin on it.
Very eloquently put post. I wholeheartedly agree with everything you just said. I'm still surprised this seems to be so popular with fans.
I am literally at the other end of the spectrum here! Even more than the last one, this movie really felt like Star Trek: TOS. As I watched the interaction between the characters - particularly Kirk, Spock, Bones and Scotty, it just felt so "Star Trek" - in a naturalistic, genuine and completely uncontrived fashion. I was so pleased, and was kind of beaming inside!

Add to that, the relentless pace, stunning action sequences, glossy visual sheen, excellent editing, top rate score etc. - and you've got a winner. Loved it, loved it, loved it.
Exactly how I feel. It feels more like Star Trek than ST'09 IMO.

I loved the movie, looking forward to seeing it again. Benedict Cumberbatch was awesome! When there were rumours floating around a while ago that the villain was going to be Khan, I was worried and hoped for a completely new villain, but it turned out much better than I expected. It took TWoK, paid tribute to it, and then put it's own spin on it.

Can't wait for the next movie! And hopefully a new TV Series if TPTB see that there's plenty of life in the franchise! (So hopefully STID does well at the box office...)
sadsquid is offline   Reply With Quote