View Single Post
Old May 12 2013, 04:52 AM   #17
JD
Admiral

Re: Marvel's Avengers Assemble animated series discussion

Christopher wrote: View Post
Dream wrote: View Post
Looking good. Interestingly it appears to be after some point in time when the Avengers have disbanded. It obviously looks quite inspired by the movie with the members, not at all like a sequel to EMH.
I've heard it claimed that it's in continuity with EMH, but this trailer makes that seem unlikely. EMH's Falcon was very different from this guy, a more serious, tough character voiced by Fringe's Lance Reddick. I'm wondering if it might relate to EMH the way Spider-Man Unlimited related to its predecessor animated series back in the '90s -- ambiguous about its relationship to the previous show so that it gives the impression of a connection at first but is really a distinct continuity.

For what it's worth, I gather the characters have the same voices they had in Ultimate Spider-Man (at least for those who've appeared there), which raises the question of whether it's in continuity with that.

I can't remember if it was official or not, but I do remember reading somewhere that is in continuity with USM, and maybe with Hulk & The Agents of S.M.A.S.H. I'm not sure about Hulk &...., but I'm almost positive they did say USM.