View Single Post
Old May 11 2013, 02:21 PM   #6667
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Just clicked on the preview for Batman and Red Hood #20 and I have to say that I'm really enjoying this version of Carrie Kelly. She's been an interesting character so far. I am assuming that at the end of the grieving arc that Bruce will reveal to her that his son is actually dead. Or she'll come to realize that he's been hiding that in order to hide their secret from her.
I think I'm annoyed with Carrie Kelly at the moment.

For one thing, I don't see what she has in common with the Frank Miller character beyond the name. I really feel like they're using the name "Carrie Kelly" just to use it.

And the other thing, she reminds me, personality-wise, of Stephanie Brown, if Stephanie didn't know the Bat-family's secret identities, far more than she reminds me of Carrie.

I almost wonder if Tomasi wanted to use Stephanie for this arc and when he was told no he simply replaced her with another character but gave the character the same attributes. It wouldn't be the first time this happened in the past two years.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote