View Single Post
Old May 11 2013, 04:10 AM   #433
Christopher
Writer

Re: The Defiance Thread - News about the Show and Game

Snick27 wrote: View Post
Wondering if this show has gotten any better? I seen the plot and some of the next episode but show came across boring with too little action and too much drama.
You and I have very different definitions of what constitutes a good show. Despite the big action beats in the pilot and episode 3, Defiance is clearly meant to be a drama first; after all, it's from the showrunners of Caprica.

Still feel they should of started the show from the beginning when the aliens were first seen by the Gov and go from there. To me from the Aliens leaving their world till where this show started was where all the good storys are at.
Except that first-contact or alien-arrival stories have been done dozens of times. And TV is overloaded with genre shows that are set in a world that's basically our own. It's refreshing to see a show that's set in the future in an exotic environment, one where humans are no more at home than anyone else.

This is like starting a Star Wars movie right after the final Death Star blew up in Return of the Jedi and have notes on the web site of the timeline of the other 5 movies.
Isn't it more like starting a Star Wars movie a couple of decades after the fall of an ancient, millennia-old Republic and having to learn about the history of the Jedi and the Clone Wars and Darth Vader through dialogue some old desert hermit imparts to a young farmboy?

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote