View Single Post
Old May 11 2013, 01:31 AM   #143
shivkala
Rear Admiral

Re: Build-Up to The Office Finale

J.T.B. wrote: View Post
The show is really going out with a whimper, the latest episode was dreadful. I barely laughed at the funny bits, and the feel-good parts were just generically sappy. When Pam played Jim's highlight video, my main thought was "How long is this going to drag out?"

A little Earth Wind & Fire can help anything, though.
Never a good idea to remind your viewers of how much better the show was in the past. Though, I did recently re-watch season 2 and was happy to see they finally revisited the Christmas Card, though it's a bit weird that he's been married to Pam for years and just now is giving her the card.

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
Edit: I've been power-watching Parks & Rec to see the early episodes I missed because the pilot sucked, and realizing just how much better a show it is than The Office. Such a well balanced cast, and Mark for Chris & Ben is the best trade in TV history.
I agree, totally, with this. Parks and Recreation has heart, something that The Office, aside from Jim and Pam (and occasionally Oscar) lacks. That's not a knock against The Office, because it's not that kind of show, but I do enjoy how much the characters in Parks and Recreation care for, respect, and admire each other.
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote