View Single Post
Old May 10 2013, 10:59 PM   #35
Classic Fan
Rear Admiral

View Classic Fan's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Classic Fan
Re: References to other Trek MASSIVE SPOILERS!!

I also assumed it was Praxis behind Qo'nos, sorry, for the non trek fans who can't pronounce that, phonetically spelled 'Kronos' lmao. *shakes fist*

But I waited until I saw a few other comments. It's too obvious an easter egg to be next to the planet. Must've been over mined earlier in this timeline. Cool.

King Daniel wrote: View Post
Chekov's face and the music cue when Kirk tells him to "go put on a red shirt" has to count as a reference.
That had to be the best moment in the film. Period.

Chekov almost breaking the fourth wall with a glance, very slightly, when he's told to "Go put on a red shirt." So funny,yet it's a neat little call back as according to Kirk at his bollocking by Pike, he's never lost an officer. So it's a perfect in joke. Better than Olsen the redshirt in 09 Trek.

Chekovs line is still the best though, "Olsen is gone sir." Gets me everytime, in a good way.
"Course your not,your not scared of anything. Box falls out the sky, man falls out of box, man eats fish custard. Look at you, just sittin' there,you know what i think? Must be helluva scary crack in your wall" - The Doctor
Classic Fan is offline   Reply With Quote