View Single Post
Old May 10 2013, 10:06 PM   #1463
Chu'lak
Lieutenant

Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Chu'lak wrote: View Post
GMDreia wrote: View Post
I dunno, personally, I'm looking forward to the film - I'm seeing it on the 17th in 3D IMAX, probably taking my family to see it later on, then taking my best friend to see it.

Frankly, I'd rather see Khan himself than see a tired attempt to portray someone LIKE Khan. And instead of trying to impose the WOK storyline on another movie, we have a reinvented Khan (a la The Joker) in a new story. At least this is something new.

As for Khan being an ice cold mastermind type, I was talking my best friend recently and we were talking about how much movie tropes differ from era to era... And we agreed that if Khan had been written *now* instead of in the 60s, he'd be much more a cloak and dagger type and more morally ambiguous, because that's what the public will buy as a bad guy now.
^ This

Soran, Borg Queen, Ru'afo and Shinzon, have been nothing more than stupid attempts to make a Khan like villian, just give us Khan for god's sakes.
If Soran and Ru'afo are supposed to be Khan-ripoffs, then Chang and Kruge are Khan-ripoffs as well.
I listed those specifically due their need for vengeance or payback for soemthing that had happened tot hem in the past. Kruge and Chang weren't motivated by anything other than their own ends.

Bog Queen wanted a partner in Picard, Soran wanted him family back, Ruafo wanted his youth and SHinzon wanted Pciard's blood and revenge on Earth because John Logan said so.
Chu'lak is offline   Reply With Quote