View Single Post
Old May 10 2013, 09:05 PM   #4
HaventGotALife
Fleet Captain

Re: Well, THIS makes me feel old...

I learned I was old when kids I used to change diapers in the 1990s, were heading off to college. I learned I was old when they started playing 90s music on the Oldies station. I learned I was old when I thought about something that I feel like happened 10 years ago, and it was, in reality, 20 years ago (1993).

This past week, I got a reminder of how old I was. 30 straight games between the Golden State Warriors and San Antonio Spurs have resulted in San Antonio wins. They decided to name the #1 movie (Star Wars: Special Edition), the number one TV series (ER and Friends), and Tim Duncan, the 17-year veteran for the Spurs, was still a Senior in college. So I remember the Spurs before Duncan, I was 13 when he came into the league. But a Junior in High School, has never seen a Spurs game without Duncan. Their relationship to Duncan, is my relationship to Hakeem Olajuwon (at that age).

There are kids in High School right now that have no idea what life was like before September 11th, 2001. That is scary. I am 1/3 of the way through my life and I have nothing figured out yet. I still feel like a teenager.