View Single Post
Old May 10 2013, 01:39 PM   #16
MikeS
Fleet Captain

Re: Episode of the Week: 2x13 "Time Squared"

I've been on holiday so I'm well behind on this rewatch. Just wanted to pop in here to make a few points of my own.

1. Knowing the Q backstory now makes the whole episode make ALOT more sense. A few lines of dialogue from Picard, Riker and Troi nearly spell this out so from now on I will choose to believe he was behind the events here even though the writers never explicitly said so on screen.
2. Great character moments.
3. Some good references to continuity - The Traveller, Doctor Manheim.
4. That scene in the shuttle bay at the end with "Future Picard" and O'Brien. I kept thinking to myself - O'Brien doesn't know! He thinks his Captain is dead! (having signalled for a Doctor before dying). They could have had alot of fun with that scene. Have O'Brien think his Captain is dead for a couple of episodes before bumping into him and thinking he's seen a ghost!
5. That vortex effect was one of my favourites from the original run. I think HTV have butchered it. I'd love to have seen what CBS did with it - doesn't it appear again sometime during TNG's run?...

P.S. I heard somewhere that Q was intended to be behind all of this!