View Single Post
Old May 10 2013, 11:34 AM   #51
CrazyHorse89
Lieutenant

Re: All right, all you JJ-haters! Put your money where your mouth is!

I would really like to see Trek back on TV (or on netflix) but with a different format to usual.

The first thing I will say is that I like the JJ-verse. I think, at least stylistically, it manages to combine brashness and grittiness quite well. So I'd set the new series in the new timeline, perhaps just after the events of STID (though anything from the Narada appearing until 2259 would suit me). From a marketing perspective, it wouldn't hurt to be associated with a major movie franchise.

First things first: one story arc, six episodes, two series. This would a) keep people's attention for long enough and b) allow the episodes to look relatively decent.

What about the main character set-up: one human male character who was busted by Starfleet for going AWOL and is trying to make his way in the world of civilian science and anthropology; one Native American female pilot from a Federation colony; one Vulcan science officer.

The Ship: A wee-little science vessel.

The plot: basically a retelling of the TNG episode 'The Chase'. I think this really lends itself to a big story arc. This time, it's a team of anthropologists who start to unravel the threads. Soon, however, their exploits come to the attention of the Romulans, the Vulcan Science Council, the Klingons, and Starfleet.

A basic framework like this would give the writers and the audience a lot of scope to explore the contradictions at the heart of the Star Trek universe (and our own, too).
CrazyHorse89 is offline   Reply With Quote