View Single Post
Old May 10 2013, 03:20 AM   #25
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: Novels based on the movie cast.

Chrono85 wrote: View Post
I hope these novels, or others, are finally released now that STiD is out! A few novels would be nice to at least tie us over until ST3 . I know there are comic books, but to be honest, I didn't really grow up reading comics, and I'm not really an enthusiast for them. Plus novels have better potential for a deeper and more interesting story, since they are not as limited in page and word length as a comic book. I also don't really care to read 'young adult' books either.
Honestly, it's probably better off that we don't have Abramsverse novels. We'd get less Prime Trek novels a year, and an Abramsverse series would be the "put you toys away at the end" tupe stories that a lot of people around here claim they are sick of with all the TOS novels. I still think the way the four Abramsverse novels were pulled was very sloppy and poorly handled, but in the end we're better off without an Abramsverse series, IMO.

Last edited by The Wormhole; May 10 2013 at 09:44 PM.
The Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote